Supporting Achievement Fund
What can assistance be claimed for?
- Assistance with the cost of trips / visits
- Assistance with any other essential costs, as determined by the Supporting Achievement Panel
Who can apply?
- Students in Year 7 – Year 11
Consideration will be given to students whose parents / carers meet one or more of the criteria listed below:
- Eligible for free School Meals
- Experiencing temporary situations which are causing difficulty, for example, recent job loss, bereavement or other serious and unforeseen circumstances
How is it paid?
No money is to be paid direct to the parents / carers. The fund is used to subsidise or cover the costs as agreed.
Letters regarding trips / visits / transition will make reference to the Supporting Achievement Fund, a Supporting Achievement Application Form must be completed to request help with funding.
Applications will be processed on demand and parents / carers will get a verbal response from the school.
Applications will be considered by the Headteacher. The Headteacher will refer to previous assistance that the student has received, their individual circumstances, and their attendance levels.
It should be noted that there are limited funds available, therefore applications for smaller amounts are more likely to be successful than those for large amounts.
If the parent / carer is unhappy with the decision of the Headteacher, then they can appeal in writing within 5 working days to the Headteacher. Should the parent / carer be unhappy with the decision of the Headteacher, they can appeal in writing to the Chair of Governors within 5 working days. The Chair of Governor’s decision is final.